Put that leftover St. Patty's Day brew to use.
Yield: 6 servings (1 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Sugars: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1g
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calcium: 403mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 12 ounces pale ale (like Bass)
- 8 ounces 50% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toasted whole-wheat bread
- Garnish: additional shredded 50% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high.
- Add 1/2 yellow onion, diced, and 1 minced garlic clove; sauté 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; add 1 cup diced carrots and 2 celery stalks, diced. Sauté 5–7 minutes or until soft.
- Sprinkle in 1/3 cup all-purpose flour; stir.
- Add 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth; stir.
- Add 2 cups 1% milk and 12 ounces pale ale (like Bass).
- Cook 5–7 minutes or until foam disappears and soup thickens.
- Stir in 8 ounces 50% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Simmer 15–20 minutes; serve with toasted whole-wheat bread and a garnish of Cheddar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This