Checkerboard Cheese Sandwiches
Why serve sandwiches in a messy stack when you can present them as a festive centerpiece? You can also serve this cheesy filling as a dip with fresh veggies and crackers.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10-ounce) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10-ounce) block Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cups light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 20 thin white bread slices
- 20 thin wheat bread slices
- Garnishes: grape tomatoes and black olives, secured with wooden picks
- Stir together first 6 ingredients. Spread half of mixture evenly on half of white bread slices; top with remaining half of white bread slices. Spread remaining half of mixture evenly on half of wheat bread slices; top with remaining half of wheat bread slices. Remove crusts with a serrated knife; cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Arrange, stacked in pairs, on a serving plate in a checkerboard pattern, alternating white and wheat. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White and Wheat Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This