- 1 (10-ounce) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10-ounce) block Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cups light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 20 thin white bread slices
- 20 thin wheat bread slices
- Garnishes: grape tomatoes and black olives, secured with wooden picks
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients. Spread half of mixture evenly on half of white bread slices; top with remaining half of white bread slices. Spread remaining half of mixture evenly on half of wheat bread slices; top with remaining half of wheat bread slices. Remove crusts with a serrated knife; cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Arrange, stacked in pairs, on a serving plate in a checkerboard pattern, alternating white and wheat. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White and Wheat Bread.