Cheater's Chicken Curry
This is a relatively quick meal for one person, but you should be able fairly easily to adjust how much you make. Just as a warning-I always made this without really measuring, so I'm trying to adapt this so others can make it. Feel free to adjust seasonings to taste. Also, you can make this vegetarian by replacing tofu for the chicken & use vegetable stock. You can also use frozen veggies of choice.
- 1-2 whole(s) chicken breast, boneless, skinless cubed
- 2-4 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1-2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic (1-2 cloves) minced
- 1/4 cup(s) onion diced
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder or garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried cumin
- 1 dash(es) dried ginger optional
- 1 whole(s) potato (small to medium) optional
- 1/4 cup(s) cauliflower or other vegetable steamed, optional
- 1 cup(s) rice or pasta cooked
- Depending on preference, bake the potato in microwave, or steam the vegetables.
- Next, start preparing the rice or pasta according to package directions.
- While those are cooking, saute chicken in 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat just until done. Drain off liquid, then remove from saucepan and set aside. Wipe out pan.
- Next, saute chopped onion in remaining olive oil til translucent; add minced garlic, saute about another 30 seconds, stirring often. Add seasonings, stirring until moist. Add broth, and return chicken to saucepan, reducing heat to low.
- If using baked potato and/or other steamed vegetables (i.e. peas, cauliflower), cut into bite sized pieces and add to pot. If using pasta, add to pot once cooked. Heat through then serve with rice or pasta.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, add flour mixed with water slowly til desired consistency, though the potato will thicken the sauce some.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AletaU1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note