Charred Tomato Salad
- 8 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Cut tomatoes into quarters; remove and discard seeds. Pat dry, and brush each side evenly with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook tomato quarters, in batches, in a hot cast-iron skillet over high heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until blackened. Remove from skillet, and cool, reserving juice from skillet.
- Toss tomato with reserved juice, basil, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and let stand, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
- Prep: 20 min., Cook: 20 min., Stand: 1 hr.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads