- 8 plum tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons julienne-cut fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 20 (1/2-inch-thick) diagonally cut slices French bread
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese,
- calories 52
- fat 2.2 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 6.2 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 132 mg
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fiber 0.7 g
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
Slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/4-inchthick rounds. Place tomato on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush tomato with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt. Broil 19 minutes or until tomato begins to char. Place tomato in a bowl; toss with basil and vinegar, breaking up tomato slightly with a spoon (mixture should be chunky).
Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush 1 side of bread slices with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Broil 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and rub oiled side of slices with garlic halves.
Spoon tomato mixture on prepared side of bread slices and top with curls of shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.