Charred Squid Skewers on Garlic Toast with Arugula
- 12 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 pounds cleaned squid (tubes and tentacles)
- Chermoula Marinade
- 6 (1/2-inch) crusty bread slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive oil
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula or baby spinach, trimmed
- Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes; drain skewers.
- Slice each squid tube in half lengthwise. Lightly score each piece in a crisscross pattern, being careful not to cut all the way through. On each skewer, thread 1 squid piece, 2 tentacles, and another squid piece. Repeat procedure with remaining squid. Place skewers in a single layer in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour Chermoula Marinade over squid, turning to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Remove squid from refrigerator, and bring to room temperature. Grill, uncovered, over high heat (400º to 450º) 45 to 60 seconds on each side or until squid is opaque. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- Grill bread until toasted on both sides. Rub with garlic, and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette over arugula; toss gently.
- Place 1 piece of garlic toast on each serving plate; top with arugula and squid. (Remove skewers to serve, if desired.) Drizzle evenly with remaining Lemon Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note