Charred Corn Salad with Basil and Tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 whole(s) ears of corn husked
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 cup(s) red onion thinly sliced
- 2 whole(s) large tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) ( or more ) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, large leaves torn loosely packed
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme. kosher salt , fresh ground pepper
- Build a mediom- hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Rub corn with 1 Tbsp. oil. Grill,turning frequently, until corn is charred and heated through, 10-12 minutes. Remove from grill,; when cool enough to handle , cut kernels from cobs and transfer to a large bowl. DO AHEAD: Corn can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Place onion in a strainer and rinse with cold water to mellow its flavor. Drain well. Mix onion, remaining 5 Tnps. oil, tomatoes,basil,1/3 cup lime juice, and thyme into corn. Season to taste with salt,pepper,and more lime juice, if desired. DO AHEAD: Salad can be assembled 1 hou ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note