Wow..made this for a concert picnic. Prepared everything and then assembled it there. It traveled well and was delicious! I used bacon and heirloom cherry tomatoes. They were so good charred. We will make this again and again!
Charred BLT Salad
Photo: Mary Britton Senseney/Wonderful Machine; Styling: Cindy Barr and Lindsey Lower
More From Cooking Light
Total: 27 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 12.9g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 559mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into ribbons
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed whole-grain bread (about 2 ounces)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil; swirl to coat. Add prosciutto; cook 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove prosciutto with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Add bread to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Combine prosciutto and bread. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until skins begins to split, stirring frequently. Pour tomatoes and olive oil into a small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Coat cut sides of lettuce with cooking spray. Place lettuce, cut side down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes or until well marked. Place 1 lettuce half on each of 4 plates. Divide prosciutto mixture and tomato mixture among servings. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon onions and 1/2 ounce cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note