Charlie Style Hot Dog Sauce
Community Recipe from
- < Back to: Indy's Hot Dog Sauce
- Indy's Hot Dog Sauce
- Recipe by: shoeindy
- Added to favorites by 4 cooks
- Ready in 4 hours 15 mins
- Photo by: shoeindy
- Loads of chili powder and paprika make this hot dog sauce so much better than hot dog Charlies sauce!
- Serves: 40
- 1 cup lard (or Crisco(R))
- 2 to 3 large onions, minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup chili powder
- 2/3 cup paprika
- 2 quarts water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preparation method
- Prep: 15 mins |Cook: 4 hours
- 1. Melt the lard in a large, heavy pot over medium-low heat. Stir in the onion and ground beef. Cook and stir until the onion is tender and the ground beef is crumbly and no longer pink. Not too fast, it'll take about half an hour.
- 2. Stir in the chili powder and paprika, then add the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer, and cook for 3 hours, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper before using on hot dogs.
- Provided by: Allrecipes
- Last updated: Mar 30 2012
- My Review:
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 ManTestedRecipes.com
- Printed from ManTestedRecipes.com 10/14/2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Charlie Style Hot Dog Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments