Charleston Harbor Pickled Shrimp
- 2 quarts water
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 small onion,cut in half and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a Dutch oven; add shrimp and Creole seasoning, and boil 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Place shrimp in a bowl or jar. Top with onion and peppers. Stir together 1 1/2 cups water, vinegar, and salt; pour over peppers. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drain before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Charleston Harbor Pickled Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Main Dishes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Shellfish
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Marinate
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Easter, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Appetizers