Easy and Delicious! This recipe will be my "go to" recipe for Christmas.
Charlene's Maple, Bacon & Walnut "VooDoo Fudge"
The name VooDoo Fudge is because this fudge is to die for. So very yummy. I have always loved it when my maple syrup ran into my bacon and then while on a trip to Portland, I was gifted with a maple bar with bacon from VooDoo Donuts. So, I thought. why not? Let me cook up some bacon and add it to one of my favorites, Maple Fudge and VooDoo Fudge was born.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1 jar(s) 7 oz. Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 can(s) 5 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 6 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 bag(s) 12 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup(s) Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 pound(s) Lean Bacon
- 1 teaspoon(s) Maple Extract
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving at least a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Mist with cooking spray.
- Fry bacon crispy being careful not to burn it. Remove from pan and place onto paper towels to cool. When cool, break or use kitchen scissors to cut bacon into small pieces, throwing away any fatty pieces.
- Combine brown sugar, marshmallow fluff, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching
- Remove pan from heat, stir in white chocolate chips until fully melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in walnuts, bacon and maple extract. Quickly pour into baking pan and smooth top. Refrigerate uncovered until firm, about 2 hours.
- Using foil handles, lift fudge from pan and place on cutting board. Remove all foil. Cut fudge into pieces wiping off knife between cuts. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Place waxed paper between layers. Can be stored for up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by andysgramm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Charlene's Maple, Bacon & Walnut "VooDoo Fudge" Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy