Chargrilled Broccoli with Chilli and Garlic
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 head(s) broccoli (approx. 18oz)
- olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 2 mild red chilies/jalapenos thinly sliced
- coarse sea salt and black pepper
- toasted almond flakes
- very thin slices of lemon
- 1. Separate the broccoli into florets and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes – don’t be tempted to cook it any longer! Using a large slotted spoon quickly transfer the broccoli to a bowl full of ice-cold water – you need to stop the cooking at once. Drain and leave to dry completely.
- 2. Once the broccoli is dry, toss with 40ml of the olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Place a griddle pan on high heat and leave for 5 minutes until smoking hot. Grill the broccoli in batches on the hot pan, turning to get lovely char marks on all sides. If, like me, you don’t have a griddle pan, use your barbecue!
- 3. While the broccoli is cooking, place the remaining oil in a small saucepan together with the garlic and chillies. Cook them over a medium heat until the garlic just begins to turn golden brown. Be careful not to let the garlic and chilli burn – remember they will keep even when off the heat.
- 4. Pour the oil, garlic and chilli over the hot broccoli and toss together well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 5. Serve warm or at room temperature. You can garnish the broccoli with almonds or lemon just before serving, if you like.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chargrilled Broccoli with Chilli and Garlic Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables