Chard with Blood Oranges and Pistachios
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 293mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1 pound Swiss chard, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small unpeeled blood orange or tangerine, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. Remove stems from chard leaves. Cut leaves into wide ribbons; slice stems. Keep leaves and stems separate.
- 2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cover. When hot, add shallots and sugar; cook 1 minute. Stir in orange; reduce heat to low, stirring frequently until shallots and orange are caramelized (about 10 minutes). Add vinegar.
- 3. Return heat to medium; stir in chard stems. Cook until softened, stirring frequently (1-2 minutes). Add chard ribbons; cover and let steam 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off heat; re-cover pan 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with pistachios; serve hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads