Chard with Bacon and Apple
- 3 slice(s) bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple, cored and diced
- 1 bunch(es) (about 3/4 pound) chard, well rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple.
- Meanwhile, cut off the stems of the chard and slice them thinly. Chop the leaves. Stir stems and leaves into the skillet along with the bacon, salt and pepper. Pour in 2 tablespoons water; cover the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until chard is tender, about 8 more minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note