Chard with Bacon and Apple
Flavorful chard is an excellent match for smoky bacon and sweet apple in this dish that celebrates fall's flavors, including Gala apples in season. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3072.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 slice(s) bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple, cored and diced
- 1 bunch(es) (about 3/4 pound) chard, well rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in apple.
- Meanwhile, cut off the stems of the chard and slice them thinly. Chop the leaves. Stir stems and leaves into the skillet along with the bacon, salt and pepper. Pour in 2 tablespoons water; cover the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until chard is tender, about 8 more minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note