Chanterelle-Potato Salad with Pancetta, Shallots, and Thyme
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 8.1g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 680mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 12 ounces fresh chanterelle mushrooms or 10 oz. shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces slab pancetta or thick-cut bacon, diced
- 3 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved lengthwise (if potatoes are longer than 2 in., cut into quarters)
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay or other white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup White-Wine Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Wipe chanterelles with a damp cloth or scrape with a knife to remove dirt; cut away dry, woody parts. Tear mushrooms into 1-in. pieces.
- 2. Cook pancetta in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp and browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving drippings.
- 3. Toss potatoes with 3 tbsp. reserved pancetta drippings (see Notes), garlic, thyme, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Divide potatoes between two 9- by 13-in. glass baking pans. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until tender, well browned, and crispy, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- 4. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until soft, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add Chardonnay, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper; scrape up browned bits and cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- 5. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, mushrooms, pancetta, tarragon, and chives. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve warm, with fennel-spiced wild salmon.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads