- 10 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 20 large sea scallops, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1/4 cup dry Champagne or white wine
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives, divided
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 pound asparagus, cooked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Make It
Cover garlic with water in 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside.
Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook 1 minute or until lightly golden. Add scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until scallops are golden. Remove scallops and set aside.
Stir juice, shallots, Champagne, maple syrup, garlic and 2 tablespoons chives into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Arrange scallops over hot rice on serving platter. Top with sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons chives. Serve with asparagus tossed with lemon juice and, if desired, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Smart Choices Program™ approved recipes were developed to bring nutrition to your kitchen with delicious recipes that help you make positive changes in your diet through a variety and balance of food choices from each of the major food groups.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 290, Calories From Fat 45, Saturated Fat 1g, Total Fat 5g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g, Sugars 7g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 18g