Fresh tasting and champagne adds a sweetness as well. To save time but maybe sacrifice fresh taste use bottled roasted peppers. You must stir continually for about 25 mins so be prepared. My men loved it
Champagne Risotto with Peppers and Asparagus
If you don't want to open a full bottle of bubbly, buy a four-pack of minis. A mini is about 1 cup.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 482mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 ounces goat cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Combine asparagus and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl; add to baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes. Remove asparagus from pan; set aside. Broil peppers an additional 5 minutes or until blackened. Place peppers in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and chop peppers. Combine asparagus, peppers, and rind in a medium bowl; toss to combine.
- 3. Bring broth and 2 cups water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 4. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, shallots, black pepper, and salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in Champagne; cook until liquid is absorbed (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup broth mixture; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Reserve 1/4 cup broth mixture. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion is absorbed before adding the next (about 22 minutes total). Stir in asparagus mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in reserved 1/4 cup broth mixture and cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine