Champagne-Glazed Cipollini Onions
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 3 onions)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 pound cipollini onions, peeled and halved, leaving root end intact
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons brut Champagne
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- 1. Arrange onions in even layer in 10-inch skillet. Stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients (through 2 cups Champagne); bring to boil over high heat. Let mixture reduce 7–8 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking, stirring frequently for 7–8 minutes or until onions are tender and golden.
- 3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Champagne to pan; scrape browned bits at bottom with spatula. Remove thyme sprig, and transfer onions to serving bowl. Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This