Champagne-Citrus Beurre Blanc
This creamy butter sauce is made with Champagne and fresh lemon, orange, and lime juice. Serve Champagne-Citrus Beurre Blanc over your favorite seafood dish or with two of Hank's Seafood Restaurant's favorite entrees, Roasted Grouper with Seafood Risotto or Sweet Corn, Leek, and Basil Crab Cakes.
- 1 cup finely sliced shallots
- 2 cups dry Champagne or white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- 2. Reduce heat to low; gradually add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking after each addition, until melted. Strain mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note