- 1 cup finely sliced shallots
- 2 cups dry Champagne or white wine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
Reduce heat to low; gradually add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking after each addition, until melted. Strain mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Season to taste with salt and pepper.