Champagne Chicken Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Yield: Serves 6 as a main course
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Sodium: 616mg
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for water
- 24 young, slender carrots, tops trimmed to about 1/2 in.
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 5 tablespoons roasted almond oil* or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil or dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 1/2 qts. loosely packed butter lettuce leaves (about 1 1/2 heads)
- 4 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1. Bring a large, wide pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and boil until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Add chicken; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook chicken, uncovered, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
- 3. Whisk vinegar, 1 tsp. salt, the oil, pepper, and minced chervil in a large bowl. Cut chicken into thick crosswise slices (against the grain), put in another bowl, and drizzle with half of dressing; turn to coat.
- 4. Toss lettuce and carrots with remaining dressing (add any dressing from chicken). Divide among plates; top with chicken, cheese, almonds, and chervil sprigs.
- *We are big fans of La Tourangelle brand, found in well-stocked grocery stores and online at latourangelle.com
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note