- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for water
- 24 young, slender carrots, tops trimmed to about 1/2 in.
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 5 tablespoons roasted almond oil* or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil or dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 1/2 qts. loosely packed butter lettuce leaves (about 1 1/2 heads)
- 4 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- calories 418
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 23 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 5.1 g
- sodium 616 mg
- cholesterol 98 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large, wide pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and boil until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water.
Add chicken; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook chicken, uncovered, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
Whisk vinegar, 1 tsp. salt, the oil, pepper, and minced chervil in a large bowl. Cut chicken into thick crosswise slices (against the grain), put in another bowl, and drizzle with half of dressing; turn to coat.
Toss lettuce and carrots with remaining dressing (add any dressing from chicken). Divide among plates; top with chicken, cheese, almonds, and chervil sprigs.
*We are big fans of La Tourangelle brand, found in well-stocked grocery stores and online at latourangelle.com
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.