I love this dish and have made it on a few occasions and everyone loved it!
Champagne Chicken and Mushrooms
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skin-on, boned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots (about 3 medium)
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture; place on a wire rack. Let stand 15 minutes. Dredge chicken in flour mixture again; return to rack.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add shallots to skillet; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in Champagne and thyme; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Stir cream into mushroom mixture. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve sauce immediately over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes