I had some cabbage that needed to be used, so I tried this recipe. It came out surprisingly good. I did use finely chopped green onions instead of chives (didn't have any chives). The champagne vinegar worked wonderfully with the cabbage and onions; there was a nice mixture of sweet and sour. Warning: add the salt to taste. Depending on the quality of the champagne vinegar and the type of cabbage used, little to no salt may be necessary.l An added bonus is that it takes no time whatsoever to put together. Will definitely have this again.
Champagne Cabbage Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 19
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 449mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 quarts finely shredded cabbage (about 2/3 lb.)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix 1 1/2 qts. finely shredded green cabbage (about 2/3 lb.) with 3/4 tsp. salt; let sit 30 minutes. Toss with 3 tbsp. finely chopped chives and 2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar.
- Nutritional analysis per 3/4 cup.
Also featured in: Sunset, December 2003
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads