Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Warm water
- 3 tablespoon(s) Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sugar
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) Quick - rise yeast
- 2 cup(s) Bread flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- Mix warm water, oil and egg together into a stand mixer bowl.Mix, with kneading hook,until blended.
- Add salt,sugar,yeast,and flour ( small amount at a time).Mix with hook until a soft dough forms.you may need to add a bit more warm ( or more flour) check the dough; it should be soft,slightly sticky,and easily form into a smooth ball. When the right consistency in reached, knead with hook for 6 min.
- Take dough ball out and place into oiled bowl. Turn it over so the oil is on all sides.cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled( about 30 min or more).
- Punch down dough and divide into thirds. Roll each piece into a strand. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper.Place all three strands onto sheet and braid.Cover with plastic wrap and let rise again until doubled( about 30 min or more). Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brush top of bread with beaten egg yolk and bake for 15 - 20 min or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdowhower and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note