Fun and easy!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 cup(s) unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) water, warmed in microwave
- 1 package(s) active yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 egg with a pinch of salt beaten
- Mix dry ingredients. Place water in a bowl and whisk in yeast then oil, eggs, yolk. Mix all into a ball. Let rest 5 minutes. Mix for 30 seconds. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead. Coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour. Braid and cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in middle. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden brown. Let cool on rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MorganNowak and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Challah bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads