Its easy and delicious. I use 1.5 cups sugar and it was sweet just right. I will add more cardamom next time though...
Chai Tea Mix
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea or decaffeinated instant tea
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup French vanilla-flavored powdered nondairy creamer
- Combine spices and tea in a food processor or blender. Blend 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture becomes a fine powder. Pour into a large bowl. Add sugar to food processor or blender (without cleaning it), and process until superfine, about 30 seconds. Add sugar to bowl of spices. Stir in milk powder and creamers; blend well. Spoon mix into gift jars, if desired.
- To serve, stir 2 heaping Tbsp. Chai Tea Mix into a mug of hot milk or boiling water.
- Chocolate Chai Mix: Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa along with dry milk powder to the blend above. Follow serving directions above. (We recommend milk here.)
- Chai Shake: Blend 1/4 cup Chai Tea Mix, 1 cup milk, and 3 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream in a blender.
- White Chocolate Chai: Add 1/4 cup finely chopped premium white chocolate (such as Lindt or Ghirardelli) to 1 cup Chai Tea Mix. Stir well. Follow serving directions above with 2 heaping Tbsp. per cup of hot milk or boiling water.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note