Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon(s) cardamom seeds
- 1 whole(s) nutmeg coarsely chopped
- 6 whole(s) cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 6 whole(s) allspice
- All of this goes in a pot with about 2 quarts of water. Cover, heat over low heat to boil Until It begins and let it simmer for 45 minutes. Take the lid off and continue for 15 minutes to concentrate the tea a little bit. If you want to use black tea, you can add up to 1/8 cup after you've taken it off the heat and steep for three minutes. It would be best to use a tea ball or muslin cloth for the black tea Because if you store the tea with the spices still in it, it gets stronger over the next couple of days. To drink, heat up and add the milk of your choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toooom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chai Tea Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages
More Recipes for Main Dishes