Chai Latte Creme Brulee
A rich creamy dessert that is loaded with spices! Visit http://cremebruleecreations.blogspot.com/ for more creme brulee recipes!
Chill: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 4 chai tea bags
- 1 extra-large egg
- 4 extra-large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- tsp. cinnamon
- tsp. cardamom
- tsp. nutmeg
- tsp. allspice
- tsp. cloves
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F.
- Combine creme, vanilla bean and pulp in a saucepan just until it begins to boil. Remove from heat, cover, and seep tea bags. Let sit for 15 minutes. Press tea bags slightly to drain milk. Remove vanilla bean.
- Combine egg, egg yolks and sugar. Slowly add the cream. Add the spices. Prepare some boiling water. Using a soup ladle, spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking pan and place in the oven. Pour boiling water in the pan until it reaches about half way up the ramekins. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove ramekins from pan and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle each ramekin with sugar and heat with a blowtorch.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by seabright1226 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chai Latte Creme Brulee Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts