GREAT! Try some orange or tangerine zest in the cranbarries sprinkled with som of the juice or soaked..gives that great orange hint..and you can control the orange flavor!! Fresh herbs using just thyme and a little Rosemary works great.(.even a touch of ground sage). PARSLEY! Will always give a fresh herb taste without altering the other flavors..since it was asked..also other molds work great..small individ..for smaller group seated lunch!but GREAT RECIPE
Cha-Cha Chicken Salad
Impress your guests with this creamy chicken salad that's pressed into a mold and inverted onto a cake stand. Press chopped almonds into the side and surround the chicken salad with fresh herbs and fruit for an over-the-top presentation.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup orange-flavored sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Garnishes: fresh herbs, blackberries, raspberries, sliced peaches
- 1. Whisk together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in chicken, pineapple, and cranberries just until blended.
- 2. If desired, spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 8-inch round cake pan; cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Invert chicken salad onto a cake stand, and remove plastic wrap. Gently press chopped almonds onto sides of chicken salad. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note