- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 pound skinless halibut fillets, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatillos, husked and diced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 diced avocado
- Chips or tostadas
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl, gently pressing down to cover fish with liquid. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until fish is opaque in center, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid.
Combine jicama and remaining ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Stir in fish mixture and reserved liquid. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with chips or tostadas.