Central Market's Poblano-Cilantro Pesto
Central Market is headquartered in Austin. You can also find locations in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Plano, and San Antonio. This unique pesto is fabulous served in or as a topping for fajitas or quesadillas.
- 4 poblano chile peppers
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until blistered.
- Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Process peppers and remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Store pesto in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Note: Poblano peppers are dark green, tapered chile peppers, about 3 inches wide and 4 to 5 inches long. You can find them in the produce section of your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note