Central Market's Poblano-Cilantro Pesto
- 4 poblano chile peppers
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until blistered.
- Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds.
- Process peppers and remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Store pesto in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Note: Poblano peppers are dark green, tapered chile peppers, about 3 inches wide and 4 to 5 inches long. You can find them in the produce section of your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note