Made it twice, and got lots of compliments both times. This is a great dirt dessert recipe!
Cemetery Cookie Dessert
Little cookies stand up to resemble little tombstones on this easy-to-make dessert.
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
- 18 ounce pkg. chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3.4 ounce pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce container frozen whipped toping, thawed
- Garnish: candy pumpkins
- Set aside 6 to 7 cookies for garnish; crush remaining cookies. Spread 1/4 of crushed cookies in the bottom of a lightly greased 13" x 9" glass baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, whip cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes, or until thickened; add to cream cheese along with powdered sugar and whipped topping. Beat until well blended. Spoon a layer of cream cheese mixture over cookies; add another layer of crushed cookies and another layer of cream cheese mixture. Repeat once more, for a total of 3 layers. Slice sides off reserved cookies and arrange on top. Add candy pumpkins. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts