Celestial Sugar Cookies with Royal Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Royal Frosting
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Divide dough into 4 portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness between 2 sheets of wax paper. Cut with a 5-inch star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes or until edges lightly brown. Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheets; carefully remove to wire racks, and cool completely. Spread or decoratively pipe cookies with Royal Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note