- 4 large tender celery ribs, plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped celery leaves
- 2 cups (6 ounces) frozen edamame (soybeans) in their pods
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon torn mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sea salt
How to Make It
In a food processor or with a sharp knife, slice the celery as thinly as possible. Put the celery in a bowl of ice water and crisp for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Wipe out the bowl and return the celery to it.
In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the soybeans for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Shell the soybeans and pat dry. Add the soybeans, scallions, cilantro, mint and celery leaves to the celery and toss well.
In a bowl, whisk the lime juice with the oil. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, season with salt, toss and serve.
Make Ahead: The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for 4 hours.
Wine Recommendation: A refreshing sparkling wine will balance the salty-sweetness of the celery and soybeans and point up the crisp texture of the celery. Look for a good nonvintage brut from France, such as the Deutz Brut Champagne Classic or the Laurent-Perrier Brut L.P.