Okay, so I changed this recipe a bit, but it received rave reviews from the family so I thought I'd rate it anyways. To make the dressing, I used full fat sour cream and mayo mixed together -- sorry cooking light! -- as well as omitting the tarragon. I mixed all of the dressing with the celeriac a few hours before serving, then refrigerated. I used romaine and italian parsley as the greens, heaped up on a platter, spooned the celeriac mixture over the top and sprinkled with chopped toasted pecans. So not much like the original (I live in the boonies and have to make do with what's in the fridge and the garden) but it turned out delicious, nice looking, and according to my sister, "gourmet."
Celery Root-Watercress Salad with Creamy Dijon Dressing
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Mary Catherine Muir
Pommery lemon mustard could be used in place of Dijon in this zesty salad dressing.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups julienne-cut peeled celeriac (celery root; about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce (about 2 heads)
- 2 cups trimmed watercress (about 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Combine the celeriac and 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Combine the celeriac mixture, lettuce, and watercress. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad onto each of 6 plates; sprinkle each serving with about 1 teaspoon walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads