Celery Root Salad
Notes: You can make this salad up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving, and season to taste with additional vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Yield: Makes 8 cups; 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 191mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds celery root
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley sprigs, rinsed and long stems trimmed
- 1. In a bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to blend.
- 2. In a 4- to 6-quart pan, bring 3 to 4 quarts water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel celery root and cut into 2-inch-long matchstick-size strips. Add celery root to water and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and immediately add to dressing, along with parsley. Mix to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Celery Root Salad Recipe at a Glance