Celery Root and Potato Röstis
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 147
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 23.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 375mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded peeled celeriac (celery root; about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Divide potato mixture into 8 (1/2-cup) portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Melt 4 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining 4 patties.
- Bake patties at 425° for 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with fat-free sour cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables