- 2 cups shredded peeled baking potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded peeled celeriac (celery root; about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
- calories 147
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 23.2 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 375 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Divide potato mixture into 8 (1/2-cup) portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Melt 4 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining 4 patties.
Bake patties at 425° for 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with fat-free sour cream, if desired.