surprisingly tasty & refreshing, the parmigian-reggiano tops it off well.
Celery and Mushroom Salad with Parmigiano-Reggiano
In a simple dish like this, flavor balance is essential. Sample the dressing before coating the vegetables, and adjust the lemon juice to suit your taste. The flavor of the extravirgin olive oil will greatly influence how this dish tastes. Add salt a little at a time until the dressing tastes properly seasoned. Add freshly ground black pepper to the mix, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 117
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 168mg
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine mushrooms and celery in a large bowl. Combine oil, 1 tablespoon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Taste oil mixture; add remaining 1 tablespoon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt, if needed.
- Add oil mixture to mushroom mixture; toss gently. Taste again; if any remaining juice and salt have not yet been added, stir in, if needed. Top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This