Celery Fennel Salad with Preserved Lemon and Dates
Photo: Maren Caruso; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 104
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup chopped preserved lemon rind, store-bought or homemade
- About 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch celery (about 1 1/2 lbs.), leaves trimmed and tough outer fibers removed with a vegetable peeler
- 2 fennel bulbs (about 1 1/2 lbs. total), stalks trimmed
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 4 oz.)
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Stir together preserved lemon rind, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, and the oil in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if needed.
- 2. Slice celery stalks very thinly on the diagonal, using a mandoline or sharp knife. Cut fennel bulbs in half lengthwise; cut out and discard cores. Thinly slice crosswise. Pit dates and cut into slivers. Combine with celery, fennel, and parsley in a large bowl.
- 3. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads