classic caramel popcorn! yum! Rely on your candy thermometer more than the minutes. I also cooked the caramel on med-low.
Ceiba Caramel Corn
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 12 cups popped popcorn (2 bags popped)
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, 8 minutes or until sugar reaches 260° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat; quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour hot caramel over popcorn, add almonds, and quickly coat popcorn.
- 3. Spread popcorn mixture on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note