classic caramel popcorn! yum! Rely on your candy thermometer more than the minutes. I also cooked the caramel on med-low.
Ceiba Caramel Corn
David and Simone make this in advance and wrap in colorful bags for memorable parting gifts. Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 1 hour 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 12 cups
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 12 cups popped popcorn (2 bags popped)
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, 8 minutes or until sugar reaches 260° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat; quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour hot caramel over popcorn, add almonds, and quickly coat popcorn.
- 3. Spread popcorn mixture on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks