Cedar Planked Steelhead Trout on the Grill
Soak Plank: 2 Hours
- 4 6-ounce portions steelhead trout fillets, with skin
- 1 (12 inch) cedar plank
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. Soak the cedar plank in water for at least 2 hours and up to 12.
- 2. Place the trout on the plank, skin side down.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together the sesame oil, brown sugar, dill weed and sesame seeds. Stir in just enough water to make it liquid. Season with pepper and soy sauce if desired.
- 4. Spoon the mixture over the trout so it is fully coated.
- 5. Preheat a grill to medium heat. Place plank with fish on the grate and cover. 6. Grill for about 25 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note