I have never been disappointed with anything prepared by Chef Steve. It has all been delicious. This was no exception. He has created another favorite which anyone can make and yet tastes like it was prepared by a superbly trained chef! Thanks!
Cedar-Planked Salmon with Crab and Citrus Beurre Blanc
Steve W. Little of Sequim's Dockside Grill roasts his salmon and serves it with veggies. It's great grilled too.
More From Sunset
Soak: 1 Hour
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 592
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 59g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 423mg
- Cholesterol: 227mg
- 4 pieces wild salmon fillet (6 to 8 oz. each and at least 2 in. wide)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons paprika-based BBQ rub
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Dungeness crab (ideally claw meat)
- Citrus Beurre Blanc
- 1. Soak a 1/2-in.-thick cedar plank in warm water at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450°. Rub salmon with olive oil and BBQ rub, set on plank skin side down, and roast directly on oven rack 8 to 12 minutes, or until almost opaque.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Add crab and heat until warm.
- 3. Top each salmon piece with some crab and drizzle with beurre blanc.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note