The rub recipe makes enough for several salmon. I like the fact I will have more on hand for the next time I grill. This is an effortless recipe with a 5 star outcome!
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Jan Gautro
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1 untreated cedar or alder plank
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- 3 tablespoons Sweet-and-Salty Salmon Rub
- Lemon slices
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- 1. Soak cedar plank in water at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove pin bones from salmon, if necessary, and coat fish evenly with rub. Cover with plastic wrap or foil, and chill until ready to grill.
- 3. Drain plank, and grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Place salmon, skin side down, on heated side of plank. Top with lemon slices.
- 4. Place planked salmon on grill, cover, and grill 20 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. (Check occasionally to make sure edges of plank don't ignite.) Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note