Cedar-Planked Halibut Tacos with Citrus Slaw
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 449
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 888mg
- Calcium: 298mg
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) cedar grilling plank
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 cup gourmet salad greens
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) halibut fillet
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- To prepare plank, immerse and soak plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill, heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- To prepare slaw, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, shredded cabbage, salad greens, onions, sour cream, and lime juice; toss well to coat. Chill.
- To prepare tacos, combine chili powder, black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle chili powder mixture over fish. Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat. Place fish on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Break fish into chunks, and place about 2 ounces fish on each tortilla. Top each taco with 1/4 cup slaw; fold tortillas in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This