First time cedar planking. Excellent recipe and will def. make again. Did not have kiwi, but the rest of ingred were great with the salmon and let the salmon shine?
Cedar Plank-Grilled Salmon with Mango Kiwi Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 34.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1 large cedar plank
- 1 cup finely diced peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled kiwifruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) sustainable skinless salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
- 1. Soak plank in water for 25 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Combine mango and next 5 ingredients (through chile). Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- 4. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place plank on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn plank over; place fish on charred side. Cover; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place each fillet on a plate; top each with 1/3 cup mango salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This