- 1 large cedar plank
- 1 cup finely diced peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled kiwifruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) sustainable skinless salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
- calories 267
- fat 7.5 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 34.7 g
- carbohydrate 14.8 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 88 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 356 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Soak plank in water for 25 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine mango and next 5 ingredients (through chile). Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place plank on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn plank over; place fish on charred side. Cover; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place each fillet on a plate; top each with 1/3 cup mango salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.