Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken tenders
- 4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1. Mix cornstarch, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- 2. Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy; set aside.
- 3. Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- 4. Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- 5. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut, coating all sides.
- 6. Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be 2 inches deep) or deep fat fryer to 350 degrees.
- 7. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 9. Combine preserves, crushed red pepper and juice in small saucepan; heat until warm.
- Serve chicken with warm dipping sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers